GREEK LEMON AND CHICKEN SOUP
• 12 cups low-sodium chicken broth (3 quarts boxes or homemade)
• 2-3 cups coocked, shredded chicken(leftover rotisserie chicken)
• 1 (12-16) oz package of gluten-free orzo pasta
• 5 eggs
• 1 cup freshly squeezed lemon juice
• Salt and Ground black pepper to taste
Bring chicken broth to a boil. Add orzo and boil in the chicken stock for about 10 minutes or until al-dente. Reduce heat to a simmer then add shredded chicken to soup and simmer for another 5 minutes.
Whisk eggs in a large glass bowl until they are frothy, and whisk in lemon juice. Add two cups of the hot soup to the egg-lemon mixture, very slowly, whisking rapidly and continuously while you pour the hot soup into the egg-lemon mixture. Take soup off the heat and slowly add the egg mixture to the pot of soup. Season to taste with salt and pepper and serve.
Great paired with hot, crusty bread and a green salad.