Wednesday, October 24, 2012

Awesome gifts!

Back in August, I wrote about how I keep a well stocked pantry to make it easier on me to eat healthy. 

 A couple weeks later, I received an email from Muir Glen Organic thanking me for recommending them and asking if they could send me a thank you gift.  

I was really surprised becuase first of all, I really didn't think that anyone read my blog, especially not a big company.  Also, I wasn't asked, paid, or bribed to mention the brand and I didn't write to them asking for free stuff.  It's just a brand that I adore and have been eating since my mom started buying them when I was a teenager.  I think anyone who loves tomatoes....and I mean fresh picked from the garden on a hot August afternoon in California, not the crap in the grocery store in mid-January...should buy these tomatoes, because they do taste like those "fresh-picked-garden-on-a-hot-August-afternoon-in-California" tomatoes.  Just like the ones Mom and Grandma used to grow or pick at Larry's and can for us to enjoy all winter long.

So a few weeks later, I come home and find a box of goodies on my porch!  

On top was a handwritten note and a cool tomato sticker that I promptly stuck on my fridge!


Attached to the note was a coupon for a free item at the grocery store.  I love their pasta sauces, so I will pick up one of those next time I go out.  Not only do their sauces taste homemade, they are free from all the gunk that many other brands have in them like HFCS and MSG.  

 

Then were was a cute canvas grocery bag and a matching dishtowel!  Can't have enough of this stuff when you are cooking as much as I do! 





 Then there was 4 cans of my favorite tomato products!  No salt added diced tomatoes, fire-roasted diced tomatoes with green chilies (I use this in any recipe that calls for Rotel....a million times better), Fire roasted tomatoes, and pizza sauce.   

 
 
 So thank you Muir Glen for the awesome goodie box.  I totally appreciate it.

And if anyone actually reads this, buy these tomato products.  I'm not being paid to say this, I promise. You should just do it becuase you like good food that tastes awesome!

1 comment: