Monday, October 1, 2012

Thai Lemon Shrimp

I have found a new love of coconut milk recipes, but not yet a love of curry, so I get very excited when I find a non-curry coconut milk recipe!

I found this amazing recipe and modified it to what I had on hand.  I'm sorry there's no picture to go with it.  We inhaled this so quickly and I didn't think you all wanted an after the fact picture of lonely shrimp nubs.   

Thai Lemon Shrimp

1 pound shrimp, shelled and deveined
1 lemon and 1 lime, juice and zest
1 teaspoon sriracha
1 small jalapeƱo whole
1 tablespoon fish sauce
3 cloves garlic, minced
1 teaspoon honey
1/4 cup light coconut milk
1/4 cup cilantro leaves
1 tsp oil

Mix all but shrimp in blender or food processor. Marinate shrimp in sauce for about 30 minutes in the fridge.

Heat a pan over medium high heat and spray with your misto or add a teaspoon of your favorite higher heat oil (I prefer coconut oil).

Discard the marinade and add the shrimp to the skillet and cook until shrimp are done, about 2-3 minutes.  Do not overcook or your shrimp will be rubbery. 

Remove from heat and serve immediately.

No comments:

Post a Comment