Sunday, August 5, 2012

How come my Pinterest Project doesn't look like the pictures?


I saw these cute daisy eggs all over pinterest and thought they were so cute! Since I can't eat eggs, I thought I would surprise hubby with them!

I started out by slicing a bell pepper into rings. I put it in a hot skillet with about 1tbl bacon grease.

 I cooked the pepper on both sides. 


When the pepper was getting close to being soft, I cracked a small egg into each ring. 


I put a lid on the eggs and cooked them for about 2 minutes until the whites were completely cooked but the yolks were still soft.


My eggs don't look as pretty as the fancy styled ones on pinterest. I should have used bigger bell peppers because my eggs leaked out.


 I also should have cut the rings a bit thicker so there would be a taller wall for the egg to live in. And I needed to cut the rings more evenly because they were very uneven and the eggs were leaking underneath the pepper ring. Overall they turned out good, they were super cute and hubby loved them. I will definitely make these again.  

No comments:

Post a Comment